It’s that time of year again, however I’ve decided to support and feature small businesses instead of bigger brands in my gift guide this year, because as many of you know, due to the widespread news of Covid-19, many owners have had to cut losses or even worse, close their businesses, which is very unfortunate. So, let’s get straight into it!
1. Rebel Chocolate was established by a former immunologist in a bid to create healthier milk chocolate with 25% protein content by minimising excessive sugars and increasing the amount of cocoa as well as enriching it with lactose-free whey protein isolated from milk. The Christmas gift box would make the perfect gift for chocolate lovers, including a mix of pre-specified chocolates in a beautifully decorated box.
2. The Jewellery Makers is a team of independent jewellery creators who produce beautiful pieces for small galleries and individuals. The silver pebble necklace is a sleek and simple piece of jewellery which can be personalised to suit. The option to choose the number of pebbles on the necklace as well as the initial to be engraved makes this a thoughtful gift for sentimentalists this Christmas.
3. Carpet Bags are an award-winning business inspired by the romantic Victorian era which creates bags from the finest quality rugs giving them a unique plushy, soft, light and silky, but deep-piled, thick and firm characteristic. The small classic Gladstone carpet bag in Exquisite Pergola Navy is sure to amaze any fashion addict with its genuine leather handle and silky black lining, not to mention its regal exterior.
4. M & J Ethical Luxury creates a selection of ethical candles which ooze luxury and are inspired by travels around the world. The Samadhi candle is curated using the fragrance of karpuura, tulsi and rose to help relax the body and mind, making it a gorgeous feminine scent for the woman in your life.
5. Hannah Bigley is a self titled small business specialising in a range of unique home décor, such as prints, ceramics and embroidery. ‘Don’t Let Me Bring You Down’ is a beautifully illustrated digital print making it a great gifting option for art enthusiasts with a meaningful message.
6. Pretty Savage is a small, family-run business which creates amazing handmade soaps using organic oils and butters to craft high quality items which are also sustainable. The Advent Savage Jewels consists of eight black pillows containing 10g of your favourite scented handmade Savage soaps in a miniature version, perfect to add to a Christmas stocking.
7. Creative Nails hand paints gorgeous press-on false nail sets with the option to choose nail length and size. The currently offer luxury 24-set press-on false nails with Christmas themed designs complete with a nail preparation kit which includes a nail file, cuticle stick and cleanser wipe – perfect for the beauty aficionado in your life.
8. Nightire sleepwear was founded to create comfortable PJs which are also fashionable enough to wear out and about. They are created from 100% bamboo fabric making them long-lasting and a great investment. This blue stripe bamboo nightdress has a timeless design and is perfect to lounge around in at home or go for a walk outside in, making it a brilliant gift for the minimalist.
9. Lovegrove Essentials is an award-winning business focusing on natural & organic skincare. Their range is specifically developed to not only have topical benefits, but also have a positive effect on the mind and body. The ‘For Her Gift Set’ is the perfect gift for someone who needs a little TLC this festive period, consisting of rosemary, lemon and marjoram shampoo & conditioner, warming hand lotion and reviving hand lotion. The best thing is that this luxurious bundle comes beautifully gift-wrapped too.
10. Classic Becca is an award-winning small business which produces a range of art, homeware and accessories. This handmade book case is a brilliant gift for bookworms, helping to protect their treasured read. The simple outer fabric consists of a unique bee print whilst the inner lining has a vintage ditsy floral design sewn using gold thread. The case can be opened and closed using the magnetic stud clasp covered with a unique gold resin bee.
Until next time.