It’s that time of year again, however I’ve decided to support and feature small businesses instead of bigger brands in my gift guide this year, because as many of you know, due to the widespread news of Covid-19, many owners have had to cut losses or even worse, close their businesses, which is very unfortunate. So, let’s get straight into it!
1. Founded by a nurse and horticulturalist, Purdy & Figg are on a mission to reduce the number of toxic chemicals we use on our skin and plastic waste around our homes. Their limited edition Christmas gift set is packed with four hand sanitiser fragrances inside a beautiful, handmade, dark blue gift box. Fragrances include three core scents alongside a festive special, making it the perfect gift for family or friends. A personal gift message option is also available on checkout as well as free delivery!
2. Light’Artedly pride themselves on handcrafting stunning lights from copper. They have a range of premade designs available to purchase and also have a bespoke service if you have something special in mind! Their iconic Curly lamp makes the perfect gift for décor enthusiasts, and alongside its incredibly designed bulb, it is sure to wow the recipient with its amazing lighting effects.
3. For a more sustainable gift, Coffee & Kin offer a coffee and chocolate gift box where there’s the option to choose Fairtrade certified coffee beans or recyclable coffee pods alongside a high-quality artisan chocolate made by a new chocolatier every month. It’s brilliant to purchase as a one-off or as an ongoing subscription!
4. Ollie and Fred is a small business based in Manchester selling handmade scarves, purses and socks. A portion of profits are also donated to various charities making it even more admirable! These fabulous, lightweight cotton socks are made for an excellent fit and durability, whilst retaining its colours even after many washes.
5. For both eco-friendly and cruelty-free skincare and wellbeing products, Ginger Mint is the place to shop this festive period. The ‘Cedarwood’ gift set for men is packed with the woody scents of cedarwood comprising of an organic hand salve, vegan soap bar, unfragranced lip balm and super soft reusable bamboo soap bag. All of this is presented beautifully in a unique matte black matchbox-style box made from eco-friendly recycled cardboard making it an ideal gift.
6. Wilful Ink specialises in illustration inspired by botanical and zoological elements using bright inks and watercolours to create unique and striking visuals. The limited edition Betta Fish Mug is a brilliant gift to make a morning cuppa extraordinary. It’s created using an original illustration which is digitally printed onto strong and robust porcelain which is dishwasher safe as well.
7. This vegan-friendly, natural elixir from Yugenial is a unique house blend which can be drizzled on food, dressings and drinks for a mealtime boosting of CBD. It has claimed to alleviate inflammation, brain fog and sleeplessness, making it the ideal gift for the busy body in your life!
8. Whispers of Wood is a small business which creates unique handmade products using locally sourced high-quality wood. The Christmas cheese board gift set includes a rustic board complemented with a handmade wooden cheese knife all wrapped up in beautiful cellophane and gorgeous curling ribbon. It’s available in three different sizes and would make a suitable gift for a culinary aficionado!
9. The tech lover in your life will love SubbyTech’s award-winning powerbank chargers paired with their incredible light-up multicoloured charging cables! The cable plugs into a USB port and supports various mobile phone models such as Samsung and Apple. It is available to purchase in different colours or a set of all four colours can be purchased as a gift at an affordable price!
10. Know someone with a sweet tooth? The Raspberry Fudge by the award-winning FabFudge is the perfect vegan-friendly and dairy-free alternative to chocolate with sweet, tangy raspberries smothered in smooth choc fudge. There’s also an array of other flavours to choose from and all profits from FabFudge go towards the founder’s treatment for Multiple Sclerosis – what’s not to love?!
Until next time.