It’s that time of year again, however I’ve decided to support and feature small businesses instead of bigger brands in my gift guide this year, because as many of you know, due to the widespread news of Covid-19, many owners have had to cut losses or even worse, close their businesses, which is very unfortunate. So, let’s get straight into it!
1. Go Your Own Way designs and lovingly hand creates a range of limited edition items which can also be personalised to make a unique gift. This laser cut hanging ornament is an exclusive, one-of-a-kind piece, which can be engraved with a portrait of your four legged friend, and can be placed on a table, hung on the wall or dangled on the family Christmas tree.
2. Mooch & Gander is an online marketplace specifically for pets, which curates high quality products from small businesses, in order to help them reach a larger audience. This recycled plastic catnip toy is sure to make your cat go wild with excitement, plus it’s a wonderful way to give waste a second life.
3. Lupo’s Nest believes in affordable luxury, interior style and conscious consumerism. It also prides itself in hosting a mutt-ley crew of exceptional dogs to model their products. This new Nestology pillow dog bed – Paws range is made from thick, heavy-duty materials so it is strong and durable for your furry friend. It also comes in two sizes and colours making it a soft and cosy haven for your pet, not only for this festive season, but for the years to come too.
4. Lamina Animal offers a range of luxury vegan plastic-free products for your furry friend, which are handcrafted in the UK using ethically sourced and sustainable materials, and chosen based on their durability and beauty. This traffic loop lead is available to customise in a range of different colours and is sure to give you a piece of mind when out and about with your pooch making it a perfect gift for both your furry friend and yourself.
5. Adventure Accessories is an award-winning creative handmade gifts business inspired by the founder’s love for crafts and the outdoors. This made-to-order paracord dog collar is handwoven using macramé technique to create a unique trilobite weave with a side release buckle and a metal D ring. It is available in a range of sizes and colours making it a truly customisable gift for your pet this festive season.
6. Leo Charley and Me is a small business providing bespoke, handmade collars, leads and accessories for fashion conscious pooches and their owners. This camo dog bandana is printed in a traditional khaki, green and brown camouflage design to give your furry friend a stylish look this festive season. It’s also available in various other styles and sizes perfect for pooches of all sizes.
7. Hedge Buddies is a multi award-winning small business focusing on the visitors we get in our gardens with an emphasis on eco-friendly packaging in a bid to reduce plastic waste. These large bird feeders are perfect for bigger gardens and there is also an option to get a special deal when buying a full set which includes nuts and fat balls making them ideal to feed the wildlife in your garden during the harsh winter months when they need your help the most. Plus it makes a great gift to give back to nature this festive season.
8. Luxury Dog Hampers specialises in creating luxury hampers filled with a range of premium items to treat your pooch this festive season. The Signature Luxuries classic hamper includes 100% natural, grain-free tasty treats which are responsibly sourced from specialist artisans and a cuddly teddy ideal to make the perfect gift for your furry friend.
9. Neve’s Bees prides itself in creating all its products from 100% natural ingredients including premium beeswax, organic butters, and natural oils. This Dog Products gift box is the perfect gift to pamper your pooch with ‘lick safe’ paw and nose balms to nourish dry paw pads and give a little TLC to snouts.
10. Evercreatures is an award-winning business passionate about creating the most sustainable, handmade and fashionable wellies available on the market. What better way to treat your pooch this festive season than giving them the gift of daily walks no matter the weather? Well, you’ll be totally equipped with these waterproof plain black short wellies which are equipped with natural, sustainable rubber coupled with a unique moulded design and padded inner sole making them super soft and comfortable in all weather conditions.
Until next time.